Join us on our mission to simplify service management, through developing and delivering user-friendly and innovative software and services.
We are looking for a UX Designer that is part of designing great user experiences, loves to be in close contact with the users, doing user research to understand user needs and pain-points and actively seeking user feedback on mock-ups/prototypes of solutions before we build them.
Our users are medium sized (SME) service companies across Europe and our solutions are business critical to them. We are helping service engineers and their companies work smarter and do better through digital transformation. We constantly look to improve and evolve our products and the experience and value we deliver to our customers and believe strongly in the importance of UX to achieve this.
Purpose of the role:
The purpose of the UX Designer role in Asolvi is to drive improved understanding of user needs, to help make powerful software easy and efficient to use and to contribute to evolving the functionality and user experience of our solutions.
You will be part of our Product Management team, working closely with our UX Lead and a highly motivated team of PMs, and will be an integral part of the wider product development team and process.
What we are looking for:
- You have experience with iterative product development and have good knowledge in user-focused design thinking, research and analytical thinking, UX principles and best practices.
- You have experience of using flows and rough concepts to quickly validate ideas before they go into high fidelity designs.
- You have experience of collaborating with end users and team members, such as engineering, design and product management, in an agile setting.
- Your portfolio demonstrates you have had success in solving complex interaction design problems for different devices.
- You have a collaborative mindset and enjoy working in a diverse international team with a focus on continued learning, ongoing improvement and competency development.
- You are an excellent communicator and proficient in both spoken and written English.
Asolvi UX Designer responsibilities:
- Help to drive and optimise the user experience in close collaboration with internal and external stakeholders
- Use research techniques and run tests to understand user needs
- Follow a user-centric approach to validate designs through a range of testing methods
- Create design assets and process flows
- Conduct competitor analysis and report on areas of improvement by using analytics and design rationale
- Adhere to UX standards and patterns by working closely with the UX lead designer, product managers and engineering
- Seek to constantly learn and update UX and Design Thinking skills, and to contribute actively in improving how we work.
What we can offer:
- Opportunity and empowerment to drive significant positive impact on the user experience side of a successful international software company – and for an industry of end-users that needs it
- Be part of a motivated Product Management and UX team (currently 8 people) who take pride in our product management and user experience focus and in constant learning and improvement
- Join a successful international software company and 140 (and growing) great colleagues across different locations in Europe
- Good terms and benefits, flexible office/home office working practices.
- Our mission is to simplify service management, through developing and delivering user-friendly and innovative software and services. We constantly look to improve and evolve our products, our competencies, our technologies, and how we work – but always aim to have fun while doing so!
Asolvi is Europe’s leading provider of service management software solutions to small and medium-sized enterprises, with offices in Norway, Sweden, UK, Germany and France.
At Asolvi our mission is simple: We simplify service management. Through end-to-end workflow automation, systems integration and field service mobility, we facilitate business-wide improvements that transform small and medium-sized enterprises into the service providers of tomorrow.
Building on decades of expertise, we are growing both through business acquisitions and organically. We currently employ more than 140 people across Europe, with multiple engineering teams building our different software portfolios. We are a Microsoft Partner and we're currently enrolled in their FastTrack for Azure technical enablement program.
We are constantly evolving and aim to build thriving teams that constantly improve. We believe in being honest, open minded and collaborative. We challenge ourselves to constantly learn and improve to develop valuable solutions that we believe in and that our customers love.
The effort each employee puts in is celebrated and rewarded – we want you to be proud of the work you do and of the company you work for. If this sounds like the sort of company you’ve been looking for, we would love to hear from you.